DR. WILLIAM MARLETTA, CSP, President and Founder
Dr. Marletta is an internationally recognized safety professional with many professional honors including an “Award of Merit” from The American Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM) for his contributions to the development of standards, and was a world recipient of the American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE) Safety Professional of The Year. Dr. Marletta was also voted “Best Liability and Construction Expert” by the New York Law Journal for his expert witness work.
Dr. Marletta began his career in 1977 as an Engineering Inspector and has worked with multiple Insurance Companies, becoming Senior Director for Ogden Risk Management Control Services, the world’s largest conglomerate. 1984. Shortly after he founded William Marletta Safety Consultants where he has gained an even more diversified background, inspecting thousands of buildings and premises for safety hazards and accident prevention all over the country.
Dr. Marletta is the past chairman of the American Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM) committee F13 “Safety and Traction”, (3 consecutive terms); has served on the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) “Board of Standards Review” (3 consecutive terms), and is the primary American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE) representative for the ANSI A117.1 Committee on “Providing Accessibility & Usability for Physically Handicapped People”, in Washington D.C. He has over 30 years of field experience.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, MEMBERSHIPS & PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) by exam
- State of New York Department of Labor-Safety and Loss Prevention Consultant NYS ICR59
- American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE)
- American National Standards Institute (ANSI)
- International Board for Certification of Safety Managers (ICSP)
- American Society of Civil Engineers( ASCE)
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
- Illuminating Engineering Society (IES)
- World Safety Organization (WSO)
- National Safety Council (NSC)
- International Code Council
- Certified Excel Tribometrist (CXLT)
- BOT 3000E Operator